Welcome to our support center

How can we help you?

A registered taxable person has Rs 1000 ITC credited to his electronic credit ledger from the last return under the earlier law. Now, he switches over to composition scheme in GST, will he get refund

No. He shall have to pay an amount equivalent to the credit of input tax on inputs held in stock on the day immediately preceding the date of switchover. The amount can be paid either through the electronic credit ledger or the electronic cash ledger. Where payment is made through the electronic credit ledger, excess ITC balance lying, if any, will lapse.The relevant section is section 147.